Lately I’ve been obsessed with books. I’m not really that great of a non-fiction self help reader, no, I kind of really like getting lost in a fiction book that take me to places i’ve never been before. I used to read all the time, but then got out of the habit for almost 10 years. I always felt like if I was only reading fiction books then I was wasting time and should become more disciplined and read self help/business books and so because I have a hard time reading non-fiction books I just stopped reading.
About 3 years ago I got back into reading through audio books. I decided that while I was color correcting I would listen to audio books because at least I would be able to get through some great books and I wasn’t wasting time doing it, I was working and reading. It was a win win solution.
Then one day I decided to try to read again. I pulled out the ipad and bought some books on the kindle app. I got hooked. I always swore I would never give into book readers because books were so important, and I still pray and hope that actual books never really go away, but I have to admit, I do love my book reader. It’s so nice that I can pull up a book that I want to read at any time, anywhere I want through my Iphone, Ipad, or kindle. It’s been really fun to read again, although I admit I have to pace myself because once I get into a good book all I want to do is finish it.
- Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling) –
- Stephanie Plumb Series (Janet Evanovich) – (thanks to Jenni Thye for this recommendation) – I’ve read 2 of these so far, working on the 3rd and they are very entertaining.
- Something blue & Something borrowed (Emily Giffin)
- Twilight Series (Stephenie Meyer) – Again, don’t judge!! I enjoyed them and was glad I joined the bandwagon
- The Host – By Stephenie Meyer – actually thoroughly enjoyed this one and it takes place in Arizona.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini)
- The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
- The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
- Heaven Is for Real (Todd Burpo, Lynn Vincent)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series ( Ann Brashares)
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet – (Jamie Ford)
- Heart of the Matter (Emily Giffin)
- Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers)
- The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)
- The Hunger Games Series (Suzanne Collins)
- The Time Traveler’s Wife (Audrey Niffenegger)
- The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
- Water for Elephants (Sara Gruen)
- Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
- The Lincoln Lawyer (Michael Connelly)
- Thirteen Reasons Why (Jay Asher)
- My name is memory (Ann Brashares)
- Comment on this post on my blog (make sure you include your email)
- Become a fan of Kimberly Jarman Photography’s facebook, www.facebook.com/kimberlyjarmanphotography